Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free Quick and Simple Candy Bars

Jazzy made these candy bars this morning with a candy bar mold I found at a local craft store. She had fun filling each section with the additions she wanted for her candy. She used coconut, cake sprinkles, candy sprinkles, soy nuts and Rice Krispies.


Quick and Simple Candy Bars

Pace a small amount of the additions you desire to the bottom of each section of the mold. If you desire, you can also leave the candy bars plain. Melt a bag of safe chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the mold and placed it in the fridge for an hour or until firm. Pop the candy bars out of the molds. I broke the candy bars up and placed them in a bowl in the fridge.
*  You can also mix the additions directly into the chocolate.
*  Additions include sprinkles, coconut, sunflower seeds, soy nuts, flaked coconut, Rice Krispies, etc.
*  You can also melt some Sunbutter with the chocolate chips.
*  You can also stir a few drops of mint or other extracts into the melted chocolate for different flavors.
*  I had some leftover melted chocolate so we stirred in a mixture of the additions and dropped them on wax paper. We also placed them in the fridge until firm.

1 comment:

  1. Try putting them in the freezer for a shorter setting time. I make something like these with Enjoy Life chips to use on our smores.

    ReplyDelete