Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, August 7, 2011

Egg Free Dairy Free Frozen Bread Dough Stromboli

We were in the mood for stromboli but I didn't have any of the refrigerated pizza dough. However, I did have some frozen bread dough. I used the quick thaw method to prepare the dough and it was so good. This dough was thicker and reminded me more of the stromboli you get at a pizza place. Next time I'm going to prepare 2 bread doughs, divide the doughs into 5 portions and make each of us our own customized stromboli.



Frozen Bread Dough Stromboli

1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed and risen according to the package directions
Pizza or tomato sauce (I used an 8 oz can)
Toppings desired such as pepperoni, diced lunchmeat, sausage, ground beef, diced peppers,
           diced onions, sliced olives, etc.

Spread the dough out onto a foil lined baking sheet. Spread the sauce and toppings into the center of the dough. Bring up the sides and ends to enclose the filling, pinching to seal. Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until golden.
*  I usually make 3 strombolis at a time then slice the leftovers into individual portions, wrap them in foil then freeze them for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment