Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Monday, October 3, 2011

Egg Free, Dairy Free Watermelon Popsicles

These popsicles are a healthy, yummy treat in the summer or any time. We made plain watermelon with a little vanilla extract, watermelon and frozen blueberries and watermelon with frozen strawberries. They were all very good and the girls each had a different favorite flavor.


Watermelon Popsicles

Watermelon, diced
Frozen or fresh fruit desired such as blueberries, strawberries, banana, etc., optional
Vanilla extract, optional

Place all of the ingredients in a blender then process until smooth. Pour the mixture into small paper cups. Cover the top of each cup with foil then poke a popsicle stick through the foil into the bottom. Freeze until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment