Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Thursday, March 15, 2012

Egg Free, Dairy Free Chicken Rice Pie

Another wonderful all-in-one casserole. We really liked the dough on top, which was like a flat biscuit. If desired, you can leave off the biscuit topping.



Chicken Rice Pie

2 cups cooked diced chicken
1 can peas or corn
2 cups cooked rice
1 can gravy
1 can creamed corn
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup flour
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup dairy free margarine, melted
2 tsp baking powder

Spread the chicken on the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Top evenly with the peas then rice. In a separate bowl, combine the gravy, creamed corn and chicken broth. Pour the gravy mixture over the ingredients, but do not stir. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, soy milk, margarine and baking powder. Pour the biscuit mixture evenly over top. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes.
*  If desired, you can omit the biscuit mixture.

Shared with Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love and Allergy Friendly Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment