Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, April 22, 2012

Egg Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free No Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies

I was getting ready to make our favorite No Bake Chocolate Oat Clusters when I decided I would like to try and make them a little "healthier" and less calories by reducing the sugar by half then increasing the cocoa and oats. I didn't think it was possible to make the other recipe any better, but we actually like these cookies more. Instead of being super sweet, they are super chocolately instead. We also liked the softer texture. Since we were having friends over, we decided to roll the cookies to make them look prettier. However, if you want to, you can just drop the mixture onto wax paper by the spoonful.



No Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies


1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup dairy free margarine
1/2 cup soy milk
4 cups quick oats
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Place the sugar, cocoa, margarine and soy milk in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil, without stirring, for 1 minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat then stir in the oats and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Roll the mixture into balls, flatten them slightly then place them on wax paper until set.
*  If desired, you can drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto wax paper instead of rolling them.

Shared with Savory Sunday and Scrumptious Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. These are one of my family's favorites! They like the Peanut Butter (or I should say Sunbutter ) version too. I have used Quinoa flakes on occasion and they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! My brother is allergic to eggs and misses out on a lot of goodness! I will be passing your recipe along :-) thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I'd let you know, i google this recipe every time to make these. Your recipes are the best. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for Sharing Such wonderful blog. Keep Posting.

    Allergy Friendly Cookies

    ReplyDelete