Welcome!

My daughter, Jazlyn, is anaphylactic to egg, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts. When she was first diagnosed, I found it very difficult to find recipes and foods that didn't taste like "allergy" food. Over the last 15 years I have had a lot of fun developing and changing recipes so that they are safe for her. I love to share my recipes so that other families can realize how yummy "allergy" foods can taste. You don't have to sacrifice taste or your favorite foods, you just have to rethink how to make them. I made a promise to Jazzy that I would do my very best to find a way for her to eat any food she wants to try. So far I have been able to keep that promise. I hope your family enjoys these recipes as much as we do.
















Sunday, August 3, 2014

Crock Pot Shredded Chicken for Freezing

I always buy my meat in bulk when it is on sale. I cook it up then freeze it in 1 lb bags so that the meals are faster and easier to prepare. This is easiest way to cook a lot of chicken at once. The chicken is very moist, has a good flavor, and shreds very easily. For ideas to use this chicken in, click on the chicken tab on the right of the blog. A few of our favorites are Chicken CroquettesChicken and Dumplings, Chicken and Noodles in White Sauce, Chicken Rice Pie, and Chicken Rice Soup







Crock Pot Shredded Chicken for Freezing

Boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat cut off as much as possible
2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 1 cup water

Place the chicken in the Crock Pot, making sure that the lid still fits securely. The chicken will rise slightly so make sure there is a little room between the chicken and the lid. Pour the bouillon over top. Cover then cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
*  I used 9 pounds of chicken and it was perfect in 9 hours on low.
*  I used 4 1/2 pounds of chicken and it was perfect in 5 hours on high.
*  I measure a little over 1 cup of the chicken into each bag. I also like to spoon some of the broth into the bag before sealing it.
*  Feel free to use plain water if you want to cut down on the sodium.
*  Great for soups, casseroles, chicken croquettes, BBQ chicken sandwiches, chicken and dumpling, or anywhere you would use cooked diced or shredded chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Hello hello I like your blog and wanted to invite you to be part of a new directory of blogs www.recipebyday.com recipe just born and we would continue to grow, it is very simple just register your blog would have to appear and the links to your recipes to visit you. A greeting and thanks.

    ReplyDelete